beyond the Numbers
Happy Anniversary to Us!
This month, On the Books celebrates 5 years in business. We are so thankful to all the wonderful clients that we have worked with on our journey so far. In the last 5 years we have worked with amazing businesses who are creating and delivering cutting edge products and services. We have watched our startup clients raise millions of dollars in funding, go public, or be sold, and all are growing and thriving despite the pandemic!
Speaking of growing… our staff is now a team of 8! We added 4 new people this year: Patricia (Director of Client Relations), Amber (Accounting Specialist), Logan (Accounting Specialist), and Allyson (Exec. Asst.). Morgan’s family also grew by 3 people this year with a wedding and the birth of their twins! I couldn’t ask for a better team to care for our clients and their businesses. They work hard, continue to learn, and strive for excellence, and they’re a lot of fun!
I also want to recognize the consultants that we partner with to deliver services to our clients. This includes the CPAs, Financial Planners, Fractional CFOs, Operations and HR Consultants, and the many technology partners that we have built relationships with. They say it takes a community to raise a child, and likewise we believe it takes a community to grow a business. We are so proud of the community that surrounds us and our clients, and we thank you for the continued referrals!
We wish all of you and yours much joy and peace in the New Year!
– Pam and the On the Books Team
As we all plan for next year, please note:
- Your 4th and final estimated tax payments for 2021 are due 1/15/22. 2. 1099s are due by 1/31/22, so we will be hounding you for any outstanding W9s. If you write any paper checks between now and the end of the year, please make sure they are recorded in 2021 so you get credit for the deduction in the year it was paid, even if it wasn’t cashed in 2021.
- If you are taxed as an S Corp and you have made any retirement contributions outside of payroll, please let us know as soon as possible so we can report it to the payroll company.
- The deadline for filing S Corp and Partnership tax returns is 3/15/22. 5. The deadline for filing Single Member LLCs, sole proprietorships, and C Corps tax returns is 4/15/22.
- In the first quarter of 2021 we will be adjusting our monthly fees to account for increased costs. If you would like to add any additional services before we do that, please let us know. If you aren’t currently signed up for our Premium Service Package you can add the following services to your engagement:
– Cash Flow Forecasting
– Custom Reporting and KPI Tracking
– Budgeting Assistance
– Accounts Receivable
– Accounts Payable
Correction from the November Newsletter
month we incorrectly said if you use Venmo and other cash apps next year you would be responsible for filing 1099s in 2023. The correct message is: If you are a business using third party payment apps including: Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, or Paypal, you will NOT be required to send users a Form 1099-K for transactions made by mail or electronically. Instead the Payment Processor (Venmo, Cashapp, Zelle, or Paypal) will report amounts of $600 or more to the IRS with a 1099-K.
W9 Upload Link
If you haven’t given us your 1099’s yet, please submit through the button below. You can also send this link to your vendors so they can send W9’s to us directly:
Our offices will be closed the following dates:
Christmas Eve – Friday, December 24th
New Years Eve – Friday, December 31st
Share the love!
Our best form of advertising is word of mouth! We have very limited availability for new clients in Q1 of 2022, and we’d rather take referrals than advertise! If you know someone with a tech or biopharma startup that we might like to work with, please send them our way.
We’d also really appreciate an online review if you’re willing! You can submit a Google review by clicking the button below.
Be sure to follow us below on social media for updates, news,
and everything On The Books!
and everything On The Books!