Beyond the Numbers
Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!
Getting back into the swing of things after summer vacation can be tough not only for kids who are returning to school, but for everyone!
“How can you avoid a post-vacation crush and hang on to that refreshed glow?”
Here are 5 tips for getting back to work after Summer vacation:
- Actively plan for your return – treat your return to work the same way you prepare to leave work for a vacation.
- Re-engage with and re-start with the most pressing priorities.
- Your out-of-office response is your first line of defense–wield it to your advantage.
- Start adjusting your routine even while you are at home – practice meal prepping and waking up a little earlier to account for your commute.
- Leverage your broader perspective – use the time you had off to step back and look at yourself, your teams, and your organizations with fresh eyes!
Click here to read more…
The U.S Small Business Administration has created a portal to help you streamline the forgiveness processing for PPP borrowers. Once you register, you can use this process to automatically submit your forgiveness request to your lender. Click here to register.
REMINDER! Taxes Due September 15th
- Individuals – Make a payment of your 2021 estimated tax if you are not paying your income tax for the year through withholding (Form 1040-ES)
- S Corporations – File your 2020 calendar year income tax return (Form 1120S) and pay any tax due
- Partnerships – File your 2020 calendar year return (Form 1065)
- Corporations – Deposit the third installment of estimate income tax for 2021
Say goodbye to reporting non-employee compensation on Form 1099-MISC, with the new revamped 1099-NEC form. Items that fall under non-employee compensation typically include fees, commissions, prizes, and awards. To learn more about when you should report a payment as non-employee compensation or what qualifies as a payment click here.
Want to share your story?
If you would like to be featured in our Client Highlight section, click the button below to fill out a brief questionnaire. We will handle the rest!
On the Books Recommendations (Books, Podcasts, and More!
Building a company is a lot like trying to predict the future. You’re looking through a crystal ball to see where the market is moving, and how you can adapt your product accordingly.
You have limited cash, which means that you only have a finite amount of time and resources to scale your business. The longer you take to make decisions about your company, the more time and money you burn.
August Book: Clock Work by Mike Michalowicz
Are you an entrepreneur who started your own business so you could be your own boss and live on your own terms? Instead have you found yourself constantly putting out fires, answering endless questions, and grinding daily to make good money? This book offers a straight forward step-by-step path out of this dilemma.
To read more about this simple approach to making your business efficient click here.
Tech & Tax: Ever Changing and Converging – August 31st @ 9:00-10:00am – A virtual workshop where a panel of tax experts from Grant Thornton’s Washington National Tax Office cover tax topics.
Startup Week Davidson – September 10th-12th – Learn how to think, work, and build like a startup in 54 hours. Join this three day conference and meet the best mentors, investors, co-founders, and sponsors that will show you how to get more done faster.
NEXT Venture Pitch 2021 Conference – September 15th @ 1:00-5:00pm – A premier gathering of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in the Carolinas located in Greenville, SC with a half-day pitch competition.
NC Tech Virtual Summit for Women in Tech – September 22nd-23rd – Attendees will hear from executive-level women and community leaders from North Carolina. Join this networking event to support women in tech.
How Startups can Survive and Thrive moving Forward from the Pandemic – September 22nd @ 2:00-6:00pm – This half day conference has arranged the best leaders and experts from the area to help your startup grow and succeed.
Share the love!
Our best form of advertising is word of mouth! We are looking to add a few businesses to our client list in 2021, so please send your referrals our way.
We’d also really appreciate an online review if you’re willing! You can submit a Google review by clicking the button below.